Where The Wild Things Are


Where The Wild Things Are (2009 film)

3-11-10

I can honestly say I've never seen a film quite like WTWTA. Here we have a film about a child who runs away to some kind of fantasy land filled with giant furry animals...but I can't honestly say I think this is a kids movie. Its not patronizing the way most films geared towards younger audiences are. I could sit here and describe how emotional the film is, how there is this almost palpable sadness coming from its characters. Then I would have to remind you (again) this is the movie about the kid and the giant furry animals and you would kind of get an idea why this film is so unique. Its strange to think that some of the most raw and emotional characterizations I've seen on film in a long time came from the titular Wild Things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment