House of the Devil


House of the Devil

3-11-10

My opinion of this film probably should be ignored by most people. I understand that most people don't want to see girls covered in blood running for their lives from some maniac devil cult. If you don't like that sort of thing then House of the Devil isn't for you. I on the other hand have this stupid love for just this kind of movie. Movies with a female protagonist that you know from the opening moments is in a world of trouble. It's not her fault the devil cult needs a sacrifice...but it sure is fun watching her try to get away. Seriously though this is a great flick that seems to get what it takes to build tension...time. That if you're going to spend most of the film building said tension it better pay off in an awesome way. Oh and did I mention Tom Noonan is in this and is awesome as usual? 

1 comment:

  1. Just watched this last night. Well done. And just like your FB post said, this totally could pass for an 80s B flick you accidentally missed.

    ReplyDelete