
Låt den rätte komma in (aka Let the Right One In)
3-1-10
Let the Right One In would be a peculiar film even if the narrative wasn't about a twelve year old boy befriending a (seemingly) twelve year old androgynous vampire. The film functions in many ways like a silent film as the communication of emotion and narrative relies less on dialog and music and almost solely on images. The shot composition/cinematography is as unusual as it is beautiful. Now we get to the androgynous vampire bit...yeah thats a tough one to crack. I mean I can easily say this is not only unlike any vampire film its arguably the most original "horror" film I've ever seen. Its so unique it makes you realize how pat at formulaic films of this type typically are. I mean even calling it a "vampire film" seems weird....like I'm not doing the film justice. Though its not so contrary to the genre forms as to come off like a pretentious thinking persons vampire film...its really not that either. I'm fascinated by this movie more than anything else...did I like it? Well what the hell does that mean anyways. I mean I want to watch it again...right now. I can't say that about many films to be sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment