Extract


Extract

2-2-10

Extract feels like the pilot to what might have been a great sitcom. That is to say I felt like I needed more time to get to know the characters I met during the brief runtime of the film. This is both a good and bad thing. Good because said characters seemed interesting enough that I wanted more...bad because the time allotted wasn't used to appropriately develop characters. That being said I have to admit I had some fun with this film. There are some funny scenarios/characters here and some certainly have the potential for future classic status (the annoying neighbor is amazing) Though I feel that the movie falls short of its potential. I don't like saying that sort of thing about a film. I don't like it when others talk about what a movie could or should be. So when I start to do that its really a complement to the film in question. A complement because I care enough about what is presented to yearn for something better. Sadly this is the case when I think about Extract.

1 comment:

  1. I get the feeling that the only character you're supposed to really know is Jason Bateman's character. The movie is centered around him and how bad his life sucks. Lol.

    ReplyDelete