
Sideways
2-21-10
When I think of Sideways I think of two things. One) How awesome are these two leads? I mean seriously....these guys are ten kinds of fantastic. They manage to be equal parts funny and tragic and allays believable in there roles. Two) authentic moments. Ive found few films that seem to convey genuine human emotions the way Sideways does countless times over. The film has so many fantastic moments that go a long way to communicate what these characters are feeling. Some involve genuine monologues (Virginia Madsen steals the show with not one but two) others are mere stolen glances. Whatever the device I felt sincerity coming from these characters...this is something so rare its hard for me to adequately state how much this means to me for a film to be this real. Anyhoo I'm gushing a bit too much. Suffice to say I love love love this movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment