Intolerable Cruelty


Intolerable Cruelty

1-18-10

I revisited this film last night having not viewed it in quite some time.  I am glad to say that it was much better than I remembered. The quality that struck me about the film throughout my viewing was its fantastic pacing. Its hard to put my finger on exactly how, but the film seems to move along with the timing of a good stand up comedian. As a comedy the film works...though unfortunately the romantic element falls a bit short. This is mostly due in part to rather shallow characterization on the part of the female lead. Catherine Zeta Jones is gorgeous and performs well. Though by the end of the film I just didn't believe she had made this switch from heartless gold digger to romantic. Perhaps she played the gold digger so well and spends a great deal of the film pretending to be in love with other men that when she supposedly has fallen for Clooney I just didn't buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment