
The Box
3-8-10
It was kind of sad watching what began as such a good film fall apart before my eyes. The first half of the film was equal parts charming and eerie with a narrative that flowed creepily along at a nice pace. The main characters are presented with a puzzling moral quandary. Part of the fun of this first half is that we as the audience can't help but ask ourselves what would we do if we were presented with the titular box. Though one has to wonder was this concept enough to sustain a feature length film? The film had me asking this question throughout its second half as it was somewhere around the halfway point the film just completely falls apart. The overall tone of the second half shifts to exceedingly weird and eventually to stupid. I was so baffled at how stupid the film was fast becoming that I seriously considered turning it off. I kind of wish I had.
No comments:
Post a Comment