
The Karate Kid
2-2-10
This is one of those oft viewed films from my childhood. As such I know that I'm completely biased when I say I love it. Also its hard for me to gauge what younger people might think of the film. Its certainly an 80's film though and through (the title character even proclaims "its the 80's") I have a feeling that as dated as the film might be the story still shines though and is kind of appealing no matter what...at the very least it certainly still holds up to me. All nostalgia aside Pat Morita's performance here is outstanding as it could so easily come off as stereotypical and silly but it doesn't. There are even moments of astonishing sincerity that go a long way in selling the honestly not only of the character but of the entire film.
No comments:
Post a Comment