Hearts and Minds


Hearts and Minds

1-28-10

A strange thing occurred to me after viewing Hearts and Minds for the first time. I imagined how difficult a task organizations like P.E.T.A. have to face. I mean think about it for a second. Here is an organization whose purpose is to get people to recognize that animals deserve rights just like the rest of us. Now mind you we live in a world where its hard to convince these same people that ALL human beings deserve basic rights let alone animals. There are moments in this documentary where you see such atrocity that is hard to fathom. Some might say this film is one sided or anti-war propaganda. Well I have to say...whats wrong with that? I've see few films let alone documentaries as well made as this. In my humble opinion this is probably the best documentary I've yet seen. I appreciate the lack of voice over and the fact that it doesn't shy away from stark imagery or allowing both views to be herd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment